Domain Name Registration
Gibbs Design will help you choose the domain name that is right for you and your company.
Guidelines for choosing a domain name
- Choose a domain name that is unique and easy to remember.
- If at all possible, try and limit the length of your domain name. Shorter domain names are becoming more difficult to purchase due to scarcity, so you may have to be creative when searching for the name that is right for you.
- Try and include keywords in the domain name. A keyword is a word that you would like to have as a search term in the search engines. Your domain name can be way to help find your company on Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.
- Consider registering a generic name provided one for your organization is available. ex: If your company sells Fruit Juice then it may benefit you to purchase FruitJuice.com
- Avoid tying your name to a calendar year, unless it's for a product launch.
- Remember that .com extensions are considered a higher-tier domain name. Try purchasing your domain name with a .com extension if possible.
Request A Proposal